Thursday, February 28, 2013

Gluten-Free and Yeast-Free Gourmet Margarita Pizza



Fresh, zesty, and deliciously wholesome! A few nights ago, I wanted to make mini margarita pizza, so I ended up making four palm-sized ones, and Sean and I had two each. We ate them with forks and knives.

This is extremely easy to make, and once you've had it, you'll want it again and again!

Even though this recipe is for a yeast-free pizza, the dough will still rise.

Gluten-Free, Yeast-Free Gourmet Margarita Pizza

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Dough:
1 1/2 cups of gluten-free multipurpose flour of your choice. I used Bob's Red Mill
1 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum (I always use guar gum because it costs 50% less than xanthan)
2 teaspoons of sugar
A few grinds of sea salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup and 1 teaspoon of water

Sauce:
I used Enrico's Organic Gluten-Free pizza sauce; it comes in a resealable jar and does not contain high fructose corn syrup! I find the sauce to be a little bit bland, so I mixed in a little bit of sea salt, brown sugar, ground black pepper, a little bit of dry parsley, dry basil, and dry oregano, a little dry minced onion, and a little bit of garlic powder.

Toppings:
Fresh Mozzarella, fresh basil leaves, and grape tomatoes.

Direction:

1. For the dough: Stir all of the dry ingredients together and mix evenly. Add the olive oil and water and knead with your hands until everything is evenly mixed. Add a little bit of water if you feel that the dough is too dry. Form a pizza crust, and bake in the oven for 7 minutes.

2. Remove the baked crust, add the sauce and toppings, and bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.

3. Remove from oven. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. If it's pizza I'm always willing to give it a try. Hope I never have to deal with a gluten free diet, but I've sure been hearing a lot about this in the last few years.

    I'm clicking the follower widget so you have another to display. You need a few more!

    Thanks for stopping by to leave your comment on my blog on a post I did a year ago. How in the world did you find it?

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    Lol, a friend and I were talking about self-centeredness; what made a person self-centered, is it necessarily a bad thing, etc., etc. Then we both joked that "maybe bloggers are self-centered," so I suggested, "Hey, let's Google that statement and see what came up," and that was how we found your blog entry on the subject. :-)

    Eating gluten-free is very challenging, especially during the first year, but once you're used to it, glutenous things won't even taste good anymore. You'd still miss the memories of how they taste, but whenever you eat them, you'd feel like, "Wait, that's not how I remembered it!"

    ReplyDelete