Monday, November 19, 2012

Delicious Gluten Free Yellow Cake Recipe


If you eat gluten-free like I do, you'd know that a lot of gluten-free baked goods out on the market are either barely passable, or just downright depressing.

There is that infamous gluten-free yellow cake recipe on AllRecipes.com, but I just could not bring myself to use it, as it calls for mayonnaise to be used in the batter. I just couldn't.

Anyhow, I came across this recipe from King Arthur's Flour, and used it today, except that instead of using the gluten-free multipurpose flour from that brand, I used Bob's Red Mill version instead because it was all that I had on hand. Also, I used guar gum because it was less costly than xanthan gum. 

It is so delicious and tastes like how a homemade yellow cake is supposed to; it doesn't taste gluten-free at all. It doesn't taste good for a gluten-free cake; it tastes good, period.


The recipe is available here: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2011/07/06/gluten-free-yellow-cake-as-good-as-no-comparisons-necessary/


It is very important that you follow every step, to a T. Don't cut any corners; just follow the instruction exactly, and your cake will turn into a cake.


Instead of frosting my delicious yellow cake with chocolate frosting, I used a fluffy white frosting instead, which tasted like marshmallow.






Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment