Before I begin, I have to give credit where credit is due. The original recipe was found here: Gluten Free on a Shoestring
Like the original author stated, it is very important that you use a food scale, which can be acquired for under $20 on Amazon.com, or almost anywhere else online; I just like to suggest Amazon.com for everything under the sun.
I have taken the liberty of converting the original metric system of measurements to the US customary units. However, if you prefer metric, just go to the link above.
- 6 ounces superfine brown rice flour
- 6 ounces superfine white rice flour
- 3 ounces tapioca starch/flour
- 3 ounces potato starch
- 1 ounce potato flour
- 0.6 ounce xanthan gum
- 0.5 ounce pure powdered pectin
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and whisk to combine well. The pectin should be used without the calcium packet.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.
- The recipe can be halved or used in multiples easily. Just be sure to whisk fully in a large enough container.
Tammy and Sean